Sunday, September 13, 2009

Probation…thank you Alex C.

Probation…thank you Alex C.


That's the life that I am living now. Probation!!!! An existence of scrutiny and detail oriented behavior. Life has become something more meaningful in the light of being in a foreign country. Life has become
….life!!!!
Everyday I live as if the tables are against me! As if something new and exciting awaits me…
No wait that’s too typical…
Hmm…
Hmm… wait… I have no words to actually describe this experience but unlike probation you DO want to be under this scrutiny.
Everything I do in the house and everywhere I go when people learn that I’m this or that different from them I sense the weight of eyes beginning to take hold of me. I might just be writing typical thoughts but the experience is anything but typical. The only typical experience is that of uncomfortableness.

Hmm…
…probation…
…watch what I say
…ask for everything
…be careful always. The life of any study abroad student.

No comments:

Post a Comment