Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a city! And, what a city?

What a city! And, what a city?


I’ve been listening to my fellow classmates’s remarks about being ready to get to Grenoble and slow down and this that and the other but me, I’ve thought just the opposite. I’ve thought, I love seeing different people everyday on the subway and looking at them with emotionless glances, stares, and more. I thoroughly enjoy taking the subway and living according to it’s schedule. Walking, is a friend whom I hope to bond with. The feel of a big city like this yells at me to come along and enjoy. Now, I’m aware of the problems and I’m aware that I’m unaware of the problems but that’s anywhere and everywhere I go. However, I can agree with Ernest Hemingway that ‘where ever you go Paris will stay with you’. But the problem now, is, I need more Paris!!! I understand that France is more than just Paris and that Paris is not France or French, but I’ve only learned about Paris through sights and attractions but not through the people who are the life and blood of the vibe of Paris. I would love to do a semester in Paris and then another semester in Grenoble and see the comparisons of life. One could be more relaxed and the other more stressful?! One could be less friendly and the other the opposite?! However, an overwhelming amount of Parisenne’s smiled at me, spoke to me, offered to speak in English and they were patient! Very different stories from what I was told. Very different vibe than what I was told. I’m beginning to get to a place in my life where I say ‘N’importe quoi!!!’ to people blowing smoke out of their behinds about what they don’t know!!!!! I wonder when and where did they decide to stop learning, stop seeking understanding?!
The last few nights I have been blessed with the images of moutains, parks, subway experiences (like the amazing ensemble playing. Man, they were AMAZING and people stopped and watched. I need/want that where ever I live!!!) beautiful architecture, paintings and sculptures. Paris is everwhere now but now I’m in Grenoble and so far I’ve been fortunate to leave Paris behind and enjoy the here and now. But, not necessarily leave her behind but use her to remind to find the small beauties where ever I am at. I’m patiently waiting until the next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment