Monday, September 14, 2009

roses my friend it's like roses...

Every so often I stop and think about where I am at and remind myself that I am in France. Of course it brings a smile to my face it also fills me up with inspiration to write stuff like this and to want to scratch away on a guitar. But since I don’t have a guitar I guess you have to write these words…
It isn’t all roses here BUT beautiful roses are growing all around me in the warm sun shine that warms us between divinely inspired mountains as people live the lives that they’ve been fortunate to live. Sometimes the roses cry out and say “Stop and notice me” and on other occasions they needn’t say anything...
It isn’t all roses BUT beautiful roses are growing all around me as I learn what it means to be French, what it means to be me, what it means to be 25, young, hungry, unsatisfied and in France…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me and I am able to see them and say thank God for them thank God for HIM and thank God for this experience…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me as I walk these beautiful cobblestone streets glancing at beautiful people living, loving, and hopefully serving…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me in the midst of beautiful change…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me, giving me a reason to smile, giving me a reason to stop and look, to stop and look up, to stop and think a second, to stop and…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me and telling me “Once you break through the ground it’s only a matter of time”…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me so let me grow and not think, let me live and not worry, let me love FIRST and not hold back…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me and I am sorry that you can’t see them, can’t smell them, can’t feel their worth, can’t grasp their intricateness…
but hey I gotta live…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me as I am here in this country of beauty, history, and intrigue being myself and being intrigued by her…
It isn’t all roses BUT roses are growing all around me…

No comments:

Post a Comment