Monday, August 24, 2009

Manic Monday, even on vacation

Manic Monday, even on vacation


Today was one of those days. It was a day where nothing would be handed to me because I had to go and get it. It was also a day in which I caused some of the problems that I would face nevertheless 'for livin' I was given this day'.

I felt it in the air, I sensed it, I saw it. It's incredibly amazing how something so simple as public transportation can cause sprouts of frustration and bad attitudes. I eventually made it downtown and the journey continued. I found the store where I needed to get my watched fixed without a problem and I found other jewels within the city. The store had 6 different floors and on the rez-de-chaussee (ground floor) they had a grocery store. Yea, the whole day was full of beautiful surprises like the park, the church, the Manor (the store previously mentioned) and more. With each new experience the more confident I grow. However, not everything suns smoothly...


Adjustment...

is stressful. Amidst getting lost, still learning the language, learning how things work here the opportunity to retreat and fortify myself within fear is deceitfully tempting! I have decided that I must, no matter what, get out and get comfortable. So, today, Monday I did just that. I spent about 4 hours or more just walking around Lausanne. I fixed my watch, I walked and 'window shopped' for the first time, people watched ;), took pictures, and read poetry in a cool park. I wanted to walk on my own two feet and survive in preparation for next week and this semester. With every step, every new neighborhood I stumbled upon, every stare I received I grew more comfortable, more secure, and more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment