Friday, August 28, 2009

Moveable Feast

Moveable Feast


"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." Ernest Hemingway


It's hard to read this and not get excited about seeing Paris in less than 12 hours but I AM! And guess what, I'm worried about it! :)


I'm worried about falling in love with this city (Paris), my city (Grenoble), and with France. I've genuinely enjoy the relaxed, walk everywhere, cheese eating, wine drinking, history preserving, and more lifestyle here Switzerland and I can only imagine what France will be like. I know that it's only the surface but it never helps when people tell me that I will love it, or this experience will change your life, and when I read quotes like this by Hemingway. Thank you everybody! ;)
And the surface it is and at the surface I wish not to remain! And in that spirit I say: I have many questions... I have many desires... I have many longings... I have many uncertainties... I also have 2 academic semesters! :) Let the journey begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment